Print This Page
Information on this page is subject to change.
For the most recent version, please refer back to this webpage.
Qgiv is committed to protecting our employees, customers, partners, and the company from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. It is the responsibility of every user to know these guidelines, and to conduct their activities accordingly.
This policy applies to all users, including administrators and employees, associated with Qgiv, including all personnel affiliated with third parties.
General Use and Ownership
While Qgiv's network administration desires to provide a reasonable level of privacy, users should be aware that the data they create on Qgiv systems remains the property of Qgiv. For security and network maintenance purposes, authorized individuals within Qgiv may monitor equipment, systems, and network traffic at any time. Qgiv reserves the right to audit networks and systems on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with this policy.
Password & Account Security
Keep passwords secure and do not share accounts. Authorized users are responsible for the security of their passwords and accounts. Passwords should be changed regularly.
Illegal and Unacceptable Use
- The Qgiv systems and facilities may be used only for lawful purposes. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that falls within the current legal definition of obscene, is defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
- You will not use the Qgiv platform to publish, post, upload, create, distribute, or disseminate any campaign, topic, name, material, or information that incites or supports discrimination, hate, intolerance of any kind, or violence towards one person or a group because of their race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, diseases, religion, or national origin, or that insults the victims of crimes against humanity by contesting the existence of those crimes.
- You will not use the Qgiv platform to fund legal defense of alleged crimes associated with discrimination, hate, intolerance of any kind, or violence towards one person or a group because of their race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disabilities, diseases, religion, or national origin, or that insults the victims of crimes against humanity by contesting the existence of those crimes.
- This list is not exhaustive, and we reserve the right to remove any campaign and/or investigate any user who, in our sole discretion, violates any of the terms or spirit of this Acceptable Use Policy. As we investigate your campaign, a user, or user content, we may consider all available material including but not limited to social media, related news, and any other information that we, in our sole discretion, deem relevant in our review. We further reserve the right, without limitation, to terminate your use of the services, remove the offending user content, suspend or terminate your account, stop payments to any such campaign, freeze or place a hold on donations, and report you to law enforcement authorities or otherwise take appropriate legal action including seeking restitution on behalf of ourselves and/or our users. We take context and intent into consideration when making these determinations.
- You will not post or transmit any inappropriate content or information including (but not limited to): (i) pornography, (ii) content that includes nudity of any kind, (iii) private information about third parties that you do not have consent to share, (iv) violent content or information, (v) any other gratuitous or offensive content or information.
- You will take care to ensure that any content or information you post or share through the Qgiv platform is in keeping with the respectful and tolerant online community we strive to maintain.
System and Network Activities
Violations of system or network security are prohibited and may result in criminal and civil liability. Qgiv will investigate incidents involving such violations and may involve and will cooperate with law enforcement if a criminal violation is suspected. Examples of system or network security violations include, without limitation, the following: * Unauthorized access to or use of data, systems, or networks, including any attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without express authorization of the owner of the system or network. * Unauthorized monitoring of data or traffic on any network or system without express authorization of the owner of the system or network. * Interference with service to any user, host or network including, without limitation, mailbombing, flooding, deliberate attempts to overload a system and broadcast attacks. * Forging of any TCP-IP packet header or any part of the header information in an e mail or a newsgroup posting. * Exporting software, technical information, encryption software or technology, in violation of international or regional export control laws, is illegal. * Email: (i)Sending unsolicited mail messages, including, without limitation, commercial advertising, and informational announcements, is explicitly prohibited. A user shall not use another site's mail server to relay mail without the express permission of the site. (ii) Offering for sale or otherwise enabling access to software products that facilitate the sending of unsolicited e-mail or facilitate the assembling of multiple e-mail addresses ("spamware"). * Usenet: Posting the same or similar message to one or more newsgroups (excessive cross-posting or multiple-posting, also known as "SPAM") is explicitly prohibited. Introduction of malicious programs into the network or server (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.). * Effecting security breaches or disruptions of network communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which the organization is not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that the organization is not expressly authorized to access. For purposes of this section, "disruption" includes, but is not limited to, network sniffing, pinged floods, packet spoofing, denial of service, and forged routing information for malicious purposes. * Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network, or account. * Interfering with or denying service to any user (for example, denial of service attack). INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER'S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
Any user found to have violated this policy may be subject to account suspension, and/or termination.
Changes to this Acceptable Use Policy
Qgiv reserves the right to modify or amend this Acceptable Use Policy at any time and for any reason. If there are material changes to this statement, Qgiv will post notices in the Merchant Interface and/or on the Qgiv homepage at www.qgiv.com prior to implementing the change. If you have additional questions about this Policy, please contact email@example.com.